We recommend that you access collaboration
from the MindMapper software and not from the web.
1. Getting Ready
① Updating MindMapper
– MindMapper Collaboration Service requires MindMapper 17 Arena.
– You can update to the latest MindMapper by going to the Home tab>Help>Check for Updates.
② Create an Account
– If you are a first time collaboration user, then you must create a collaboration account before using the service.
– Click Register from the arena.mindmapper.com page.
– Or click Collaboration sidebar>Register from the software.
– Or you can go to our website mindmapper.com and click Register to create a new collaboration account.
2. Create a New Collaboration Meeting
① From collaboration website
– To create a new meeting with a default map, click New.
– Fill out information in the New Collaboration pane.
– Click OK to start collaboration with a default map.
– Click Collaboration sidebar tab and login
– Click New tab and fill in the information. Then click Create to start collaboration meeting.
– Organizer must click Click here to start the session to start the meeting. Human icon in blue color represents attendee is online.
– Click List tab>My Collaboration and you will see the list of meeting you have organized.
3. Collaboration Invitation Email
Meeting invitation email containsthe following information:
- Collaboration File Name
- Meeting Description
The Meeting email will also contain a link to join the meeting.
The participants need to simply click this button to join a meeting.
4. Collaboration Web Menu Explained
Create a default map. We recommend that you the software to create new collaboration as it has more options.
List of most recent files you have worked on.
C. By me:
List of files you have shared. You are the organizer of the meeting.
D. By others:
List of files others have shared with you. You are the participant of the meeting.
E. Address book:
List of contacts by individuals or groups.
F. Image view:
Click this button to see the preview of the file.
You can post your map to social media outlets or message boards. Simply past the HTML source code and input it to any outlets that allows direct HTML input. If not, you can still copy the map link and paste it to social media outlets or message boards. Anyone who clicks on the link will be able to see the map in Flash viewer.
5. Join a Meeting
① From collaboration website and email
– Click Join Collaboration from the invitation email.
– Click Join from the selected map.
② From MindMapper software
– From the collaboration List tab, select the map and either click Join or double click the selected map.