Quick Start Guide for Collaboration
Before your start, please make sure that you have the following:
- MindMapper 21 Arena edition and an internet connection
- A member account. If you do not have an account, then you can create one from MM 21 Arena or the website.
- From MM 21 Arena: Collaboration tab> Login> Register (you will be redirected to Login page)> click Register
- From the web: Login on the top right> click Register
Creating a New Collaboration Workspace
- On the Collaboration tab, select the New menu.
- Provide a title for this collaboration session. It could be the file name or the more appropriate collaboration title. Should you need an extra level of security, you can set a password for the map. However, the participants must use the password to join.
- Select a map to upload. This is your collaboration map uploaded to our collaboration server to be shared with your invited participants. There are three ways to upload a map.
- Current: Select this option to upload a currently open map.
- Choose: You can search for a map from your local computer or the cloud to be uploaded.
- Default: A pre-built map will be uploaded for collaboration.
- Add participants to join your collaboration workspace. Click the Add/Edit button to add participants. If the participants are not in the Contacts list, you can add them by clicking on the +Add Contact. Once they are in the Contacts list, you can add them to the Attendees list by clicking on the Add button.
- You can write a brief note or description about the collaboration for attendees to read in the Note for Attendees
- Click the OK button to complete creating a new collaboration.
- Click the OK button to send out the email collaboration invites.
Below shows creating a new collaboration workspace with a default map.
Joining a Collaboration Workspace
- Click Join Collaboration from the email sent from the organizer. Please check the spam folder for an email from MindMapper Arena if you cannot find it in the inbox.